Monday, April 19, 2010

Cat + Mouse Necklace from Polymer Clay


This necklace was made in honor of our beloved kitty who now resides in catnip heaven and who amused himself by playing with mice. The cat and mouse were sculpted from Premo poly clay with glued on “googlie eyes” and whiskers made from paint brush bristles. The leaf was made from a slice of Skinner Blend green to yellow bull’s eye cane with the colors  diffused by rubbing with a fingertip and then the cane slice shaped in a mold.

While not currently for sale, I plan to eventually make copies of this necklace available at my shop, so please check back later at: MelodyODesigns at Etsy

8 comments:

  1. That's adorable. Sir S loves it, I'm sure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of the beads and the cute cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, I left a message before but it didn't take. I want a cat like that. It looks like Booboo. Are you going to sell that necklace or will you make me a cat? Please please please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling!! Just wonderful. How long ago did your kitty go to catnip heaven? I'm sorry to hear about it. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anita!
    I'm writing here because I can't find your email but I know you wanted some more of the cat cane. I wanted to tell you it's yours as soon as I unpack in Las Vegas (!) and find it. I bought a house there and should be all moved by the end of May!!! Can't wait. I'll contact you when I find it and get it on it's way.

    ReplyDelete